Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC) is inviting applications for the recruitment of 3976 Apprentice vacancy in various trade/disciplines all over India.
Last Date: 17/08/2020
Age: Minimum 18 years and maximum of 24 years as on 17.08.2020. That is, the Date of Birth of the Candidate/Applicant should between 17.08.1996 and 17.08.2002.
- The upper age is relaxed by 5 years for SC/ST candidates and 3 years for OBC candidates for the trades reserved for them.
- Candidates belonging to PwBD categories shall be given age relaxation for up to 10 years (up to 15 years for SC/ST and up to 13 years for OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) Candidates).
Name of post: Apprentice
Total No. of posts: 3976
- North Sector: 228
- Mumbai Sector: 764
- Eastern Sector: 716
- Southern Sector: 674
- Western Sector: 1579
- Central Sector: 221
Vacancies in Assam:
- Jorhat: 156
- Silchar: 49
- Nazira & Sivasagar: 511
- Total: 716
Trade-wise Educational Qualification:
- Accountant: Bachelor’s degree (Graduation) in Commerce from a Govt. recognized institute/University.
- Assistant-Human Resource: Bachelor’s degree (Graduation) in B.A. or B.B.A from a Govt. recognized institute/ University.
- Secretarial Assistant: ITI in trade Stenography (English) /Secretarial practice
- Computer Operator and Programming Assistant (COPA): ITI in COPA Trade
- Draughtsman (Civil): ITI in Draughtsman (Civil) Trade
- Electrician: ITI in Electrician Trade
- Electronics Mechanic: ITI in Electronics Mechanic
- Fitter: ITI in Fitter
- Instrument Mechanic: ITI in Instrument Mechanic
- Information & Communication Technology System Maintenance: ITI in Information & Communication Technology System Maintenance
- Laboratory Assistant (Chemical Plant): B.Sc with PCM or PCB ITI in Lab. Asst (Chemical Plant) trade.
- Library Assistant: ITI in Library and Information Science
- Machinist: ITI in Machinist Trade
- Mechanic (Motor Vehicle): ITI in Mechanic Motor Vehicle trade
- Mechanic Diesel: ITI in Mechanic Diesel trade
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic: ITI in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic trade
- Plumber: ITI in Plumber trade
- Surveyor: ITI in Surveyor Trade
- Welder: ITI passed out in the trade of Welder (Gas & Electric)
- Civil: Diploma in the respective disciplines of Engineering from a Govt. recognized Institute/ University.
- Computer Science: Diploma in the respective disciplines of Engineering from a Govt. recognized Institute/ University.
- Electrical: Diploma in the respective disciplines of Engineering from a Govt. recognized Institute/ University.
- Electronics & Telecommunication: Diploma in the respective disciplines of Engineering from a Govt. recognized Institute/ University.
- Electronics: Diploma in the respective disciplines of Engineering from a Govt. recognized Institute/ University. 25. Mechanical: Diploma in the respective disciplines of Engineering from a Govt. recognized Institute/ University.
Selections for engagement of Apprentices would be based on the basis of marks obtained and Merit drawn. In case of a similar number in merit, a person with higher age would be considered. No canvassing or influencing would be acceptable at any time and may render for non-consideration
How to Apply
- Candidates should visit our ONGC website www.ongcapprentices.ongc.co.in and apply online from 29.07.2020 11:00 HRS till 17.08.2020 by 18:00 hours.
- Paper-based applications will NOT be accepted.
- There are two steps for registration process Part-I & Part-II.
- In Part-I registration, a candidate has to fill his/her basic details like name, category etc. and has to create his own password. After successful Part-I registration, system generated registration number is sent in his registered email id/SMS. With this registration number, the candidate has again to login into the system with the password generated by him. Candidates are advised to remember the registration number and password for future reference/use.
- In Part-II registration, a candidate has to upload his scanned photograph and signature and furnish educational qualification, experience details etc. and submit the same. This is the final submission process and after that candidate cannot change the details furnished. Candidates are therefore advised to furnish the details in the portal carefully and check the same before final submission
- Issue of advertisement and call for applications – 29th July 2020
- opening of online application portal at www.ongcapprentices.ongc.co.in – 29th July 2020 11:00 HRS
- Last date for receiving of applications – 17th August 2020 18:00 HRS
- Date of Result/Selection – 24th August 2020
- Receive confirmation from candidates – 24th August 2020 – 1st September 2020
To download the complete advertisement, click here.