Secretariat Administration Department (SAD), Assam is inviting applications for recruitment of 170 Junior Administrative Assistant (JAA) vacancy in the Assam Secretariat (now Janata Bhawan) under Assam Secretariat Subordinate Service Rules, 1963.
Name of Post: Junior Administrative Assistant
No of Posts: 170 [UR-57, ST(P)-14, ST(H)-12, SC-14, OBC/MOBC-40]
Age: The candidate should not be less than 1B years and more than 38 years of age as on 01.01.2020. The upper age limit is relaxable as follows:
- 5 years for SC/ST candidates.
- 3 years for OBC/MOBC candidates.
- 2 years for Ex-servicemen.
- 10 years for PWD candidate
Pay Scale – PB-2 Rs. 14,000- 49,000 + Grade Pay Rs. 8700 p.m. plus other allowances as admissible under Rules.
- Graduate in any discipline from a recognized University with minimum 45% of marks (40% for SC/ST candidates).
- Minimum 6 (six) months Diploma/Certificate in computer proficiency from a recognized institute.
- Must have a good working knowledge of office productivity software tools (independent of any operating system, r.e. MS Windows, Linux, MAC etc.) such as Word Processor, Spread Sheet, presentation graphics, the concept of database, internet and email.
Mode of Selection:
- Phase 1 – The candidates whose applications are accepted will be required to appear in an objective type written test to be held in the District Headquarters of Assam. The examination date will be notified later. The syllabus of the Objective Type Written Test will be as follows:
- General English including General Knowledge and Quantitative Aptitude – 150 Marks
- Knowledge of Computer (Theory) – 50 Marks
- Language Skills Test in Assamese/Bengali/Bodo/ Alternative English – 50 Marks
- Phase 2 –
- Three candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of the marks obtained in the written test against each post.
- After the written test, the shortlisted candidates will have to appear in a Computer Practical Test and Precis Writing test to be held centrally in Guwahati. Total marks for the Computer (Practical) Test will be 50 Marks and Precise Writing Test will be 50 Marks.
- Candidates need to bring all the original testimonials i.e. Age proof Certificate, Caste Certificate (in case of reserved category candidates), Educational Qualification Certificates and Marksheet, Computer Proficiency Certificate, income and Asset Certificate of the family issued by the competent authority (in case of candidates belonging to EWS), Employment Exchange Registration Certificate, Disability Certificate (in case of PWD candidates) and Declaration in Form-“A” as available in the website.
How to Apply
CANDIDATES ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY IN PRESCRIBED FORM THROUGH ONLINE MODE ONLY.
Instructions for filling up prescribed online form will be available in website www.recruitmentsad.in. Candidates are required to upload:
- A latest passport size photograph.
- Admit Card/ Certificate of H.S.L.C. examination.
- Graduation Certificate and Marksheet.
- Scanned Signature.
- Employment Exchange Registration Certificate.
- Computer Diploma/Certificate.
- Declaration in Form “A” under rule 5(1) of the Assam Public Services (Application of Small Family Norms in Direct Recruitment) Rules, 2019. Specimen Copy is available on the website www.recruitmentsad.in.
- Caste Certificate (in case of reserved category candidates).
- Disability Certificate (in case of PwD category candidates) issued by the competent authority.
- Income and Assets Certificate of the family issued by the officer. A specimen copy is available on the website www.recruitmentsad.in
- Discharge Book No. & Date, place of issue (in respect of Ex-Servicemen).
Last Date for Online Application
Interested candidates can apply online on www.recruitmentsad.in between 31st July 2020 to 31st August 2020.
For complete advertisement and the application format, click here