Assam Public Service Commission (APSC) is inviting application for the recruitment of Junior Engineer(Civil).
Last Date: 31st August, 2020
Name of Post: Junior Engineer(Civil)
Age: The candidate should not be less than 21 years and more than 48 years.
The upper age limit is relaxable:
- 10 years for ST/SC Candidates i.e. up to 53 years
- 10 years for OBC/MOBC candidates i.e. up to 51 years which was earlier 41 years as per Govt. Notification No. ABP 6/ 2016/9 Dtd: 25/04/2018.
- For a person with disabilities (PWD) by 10years irrespective of SC/ST/OBC and General Catagory i.e. up to 58 years which was earlier 48 years.
The State of Assam and Others and as per the provision of the “Assam Panchayat and Rural Development Officers(Technical) Service Rules,2015”, the Commission decided to relax the upper age limit for the Posts of Junior Engineer (Civil) under P&RD Department relating to Advt. No 03/2020 vide No. 18 PSC/DR-5/1/2020-2021 Dtd 24/06/2020 as given below –
- (10(ten) years of age relaxation or relaxation will commensurate with the years of service put in the Panchayat & Rural Development Department as contractual Accredited Engineers whichever is higher.
- In case of eligible contractual Accredited Engineers who cross more than 6 (six) months of consecutive years of service than it will be rounded off and counted as another one year with respect to Para(3) & Para(4) of the said Executive Order.
- The eligible contractual Accredited Engineers must possess a valid engagement letter (in original) from the Competent Authority of P&RD Department in order to avail of the preferences detailed at Para(3) & Para(4) of the said Executive Order.
The intending candidates working under contractual basis including any other candidates within the upper age limit prescribed in the earlier advertisement mentioned above may submit their application form for the aforesaid post mentioned above upto 31st Aug/2020.
For complete advertisement click here.